Ritchie Hall Manager Position
Develop rental agreements for short and long-term use of the hall as well as pre- and post-rental cleaning checklists and other forms as necessary.
- Bi-annual review of all ongoing contracts, especially to ensure insurance is in place.
- Show halls to prospective renters.
- Rental agreement is conditional on Hall Coordinator’s discretion
- Maintain and track contact with renter from initial contact, through any changes and requests to post-rental contact with decision regarding deposit.
- Developing, administer and track a Rental Satisfaction Survey
- Pre-rental check up to 30 minutes prior to the rental to ensure facility is ready and eyes-on confirmation of condition before renter takes possession.
- Collect and receipt damage deposit and rent, including from tenants.
- Get keys to renter
- Get rental agreements signed
- Ensure proper insurance and other documentation is in place (AGLC licences, regular or special, proof of death for memorials, proof of non-profit status or endorsement)
- After-rental inspection, retrieve keys, process deposit, in cooperation with Treasurer, if it is necessary to hold back any of the deposit.
- On-call with board-provided cell phone whenever hall is in use.
- Notify cleaner when required
- Supervise cleaning contractor and purchase supplies as necessary
- Coordinate annual deep clean contract that includes exterior
- Prioritize and complete repairs of hall. Consult Director of Hall Maintenance for advice and volunteer labour as necessary.
- Responsibility for maintaining repair and maintenance records and tracking warranties
- Meet with subcontractors, utility personnel who need access to building
- Deal with program concerns regarding heating, lighting etc.
- Maintain log of keys.
- Shovel snow, rake cigarette butts as necessary
- Collect and receipt all moneys from drop-in programs. Reconcile with sign-in
- Perform and record checks to comply with Fire Code Regulations
- Monthly test of exit lights and check of fire extinguishers
- Schedule bi-annual checks of kitchen’s fire suppression system
- Schedule annual checks of fire extinguishers and exhaust fan
- Become familiar with and implement recommendations from the Tri-Partite Agreement between the City of Edmonton, EFCL and RCL
- Forward to board for decision when a “rental” is for a commercial purpose
- For requests for concerts, follow established protocol
- Take phone calls, return messages and respond to emails about rentals.
- First contact for phone calls, email and traditional mail to league office.
- Responding or redirecting to the board as necessary.
- Regularly sending development permit info to Civics.
- Provide Board with feedback and recommendations from short and long-term renters regarding hall renovations and improvements.
- Provide Treasurer with annual statistics on hall use as required for reporting back to the city.
- Good working knowledge and experience with Google Spreadsheets/Exel in order to track rental requests and provide analysis of stats on rentals required for Hall Revitalization.
- Liaise with building Maintenance committee consisting of Director of Maintenance and one member of the Executive regarding condition of buildings and all repairs
- Ensure information on Ritchie Community League website is up to date by providing information to Communications Director. Add Ritchie hall to new sites such as SpaceFinder Alberta
- Ensure consistent communication with program volunteers and staff
- Report monthly regarding upcoming events or rentals
- Liaise with City of Edmonton program team during summer
- E-newsletter: Provide schedule for coming months.
- Orient new board members, especially program and events directors with regard to non-rental requests for hall use.
Reporting and accountability
- Provide funds to treasurer on a weekly basis.
- Report to Vice-president or designate
- Attend the Monthly Community League Board meeting and provide a brief update
Hours of work
- 15 hours a week- this may flex depending on the needs identified with hall rentals and repairs. Not to exceed 20 hours per week.
Please submit resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
by Friday May 19th