2017 Chili Cook-Off Entry Form
The Rules and Stuff...
- This is a No Minors event
- Your chili must be fully cooked and have a complete list of ingredients available. You may be contacted by Alberta Health Board. Please read all supplied cooking aids sent upon confirmation.
-There are 12 Competitor spots. These spots will be determined based on the information provided on entry forms and selected by our chili experts.
- Deadline for entries is Friday MARCH 10th, 2017.
- Chosen Competitors will be announced Monday March 13th, 2017
- There will be an entrance fee of $25 (non-refundable) per chili. Payment details will be sent to selected competitors.
- Maximum 2 persons per chili (4 voting beans per chili entry)
- Contestants must arrive at the hall at 5 pm for set up.
- Tables placement will be chosen on a ‘first come, first serve’ basis. Some contestants will have to share tables.
- Contestants must be present to serve their chili
- People attending the cook off will receive four dried “voting beans” with ticket purchase. Contestants will be given a jar to hold your beans. They will be counted at 8:45pm for the People’s Choice Overall Category.
-The Panel of Judges will be voting based on a blind tasting for the Veggie & Non-Veggie Categories
- The winners will be announced at 9pm.
- RCL will provide taster cups for handing out samples, plates will also be available. You bring the rest! Get creative!
-Attendance will be 150ish, monitor serving size so you don’t run out of chili.
- Please clean up your area and make sure you have all your belongings packed up by 11pm. Bar will be open later.
- Due to fire codes, capacity is limited. Tickets will be sold online in advance.
- This is a volunteer community league event, so have fun!
- All proceeds from this event go to our new hall build!
- Are you a member of Ritchie Community League? Memberships help events like these happen!